Friday, July 20, 2007

Yesterday...

(Please read the post before this one so you have some background info)

So, the protective order hearing....

The county attorney knew that this was a frivolous suit, but he has his job to do. I had all the evidence proving that I couldn't have said those things in a supervised setting. The county attorney even told the psychos that they didn't have a chance in hell of winning. But they were persist ant and demanded the hearing. I talked to my lawyer Wednesday night and said something seems fishy. She said don't worry about it and that she would take care of it.

My best friend drove me there and we met my attorney at the courthouse and went in. Of course he had his mommy, his daddy, his sister, her husband, his grandmother and the slut there.....I also never mentioned this, but the entire family is extremely large -- think the Klumps -- I'm not exaggerating.....they took up two entire rows! They kept staring at me and giving me their disapproving looks....ugh.....we had to wait for the million other cases to get heard -- who ever invented this "organized" way of the court systems needs to be hit in the head!

At one point after my attorney had looked at them (she had never seen them before) she whispers to me "Those are some UGLY mother F***ers" I couldn't help it...I started cracking up! It was so funny..she kept asking me what ever possessed me to date - let alone - marry him! So funny....anyway finally our turn....

My attorney and I made our way to the front of the court room. She had me sit down while her, the county attorney and the judge met in the judge's chambers. After a few minutes (that seemed like HOURS) she comes back out with this weird look on her face. She sits next to me and says the hearing is a piece of cake...the judge knows that he is full of shit....but then she looks at me and says...we have another problem....OF COURSE WE DO...NOTHING REGARDING THIS FAMILY IS EVERY SIMPLE!!!

She looks right at me and says, "Why do you have a warrant out of ____ County?" I was shocked...I knew the county she was talking about, but I never got so much as a speeding ticket there. I said I have no idea...then it dawned on me why she asked that.....the lightbulb came on...."Am I going to get arrested?" I asked her -- even though I already knew the answer.

She nodded and told my friend to get on the phone and find out what the warrant was for and how much it was. The deputy that was there said that if it was paid before the hearing was over they wouldn't have to arrest me. My friend went out and started making calls. That fucker knew he was going to lose the case...but remember I told you he is a dispatcher at the sheriff's office....I'm sure he runs my name through the system constantly....he got me to court just so that they would arrest me!

So we continue with the hearing and of course the judge realized what he was trying to do...and said that he was full of it. No protective order and the visitation is supposed to be resumed until the motion for enforcement hearing which is set for August 15. So that went as planned.

My friend came back and said that the warrant was for a hot check -- also BS because I've NEVER written a check in that county...much less a hot one....but whatever I'll take care of that later...right now I just want to do ANYTHING to stay out of jail -- I've never been arrested before and I certainly don't wanna be! I was freaking out....Then my attorney went and talked to the bailiffs and deputies .... at this time my friend is on the phone with everyone trying to get money to get me out...I'm sitting in the courtroom listening to the next case. When my friend came back in she said that psycho's family was standing out there with cameras waiting for me to come out in handcuffs!!! (by the way, the sheriff's department they work for is in another county from where we had the hearing just FYI...but his dad likes to run for sheriff in THIS county every chance he gets because this is the county that they live in)

My attorney came back and said that she had arranged for the deputy to take me out the back door in an unmarked car and not in handcuffs or anything....she was going to get a bail bonds person to post the bond and that the judge was coming right over there to magistrate me and they were going to book me in and book me out.

The deputy that took me over there was super nice. He said he saw the name on the docket this morning and knew there was going to be some trouble. That family is ALWAYS trying to start shit....anyway he reminded me so much of Barney Fife from the Andy Griffith Show. So nice and he sounded just like him....anyway he let me ride in the front of the car and even let my friend ride over there with us....instead of going to a holding cell, they let me sit out in the public waiting room with my cell phone and friend. The bail bonds lady came moments later and did the bond, then the judge came in and took me in the back...he read me my rights and signed this piece of paper then the deputy booked me in and out and I was free! I actually had a good time with those guys...I got to hear stories about the psycho family and how I was too pretty to be associated with them (always nice to hear)

When I got home, I got to share my adventure with the whole neighborhood. I live with my dad in the STICKS...I mean redneck, countrified, old fashioned, southern, hot-tempered people live out there....they were all saying stuff like "let me see anyone in that family around here...we'll gettem fer ya" They were all just glad that I was ok. It was such an adrenaline rush. I mean this whole day was a major emotional rollercoaster....CRAZY. So my dad knew that I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown and he tells my boyfriend, "I got the baby, you take her out and get her drunk..she's earned it" My dad is so cool.

So I ended up going out and getting insanely hammered....I think I finally went to sleep at 4...and up at 6 to come to work today! At least it's Friday -- THANK GOD!!!!

Anyway, I know this has been one long story but I needed to let it out!!!!!!

Now you know why I'm always trying to laugh and make jokes about everything....it keeps me from having to think about all this mess!!!

3 opinions rendered:

Unknown said...

Well, I am happy to hear that it all backfired on the old 'monster family'!

When will you be able to see your little girl again?

Sophia said...

I'm scheduled to see her on August 18, but as of right now the court date is on August 15, so I don't know. It's such a mess....just like a bad Lifetime movie!

Head Cookie said...

Well goodluck with the next court date