Monday, July 30, 2007

I'm so excited...and I just can't hide it....

Yay..I'm in SUCH a good mood! Is it really a Monday? I went to my last counseling session today...yes you read that correctly my LAST session! Last as in NO MORE!!!! What a relief! It was amazing. I went in there thinking I had three more, but she said that she didn't think that I needed 3 more. She said that my actions lately have spoken for themselves. I'm learning to deal with my problems positively and not lashing out....not that I really lashed out anyway - I was mainly just very angry and bitter and thought I had nothing to live for. Depression is not a fun thing, but apparently "she" has shown me how to deal with things and manage my "depression" Whatever...it's everyone on Helium who makes me nearly pee my pants on a daily basis...it's watching my little boy try to learn to walk...it's my wonderful boyfriend always supporting me and loving unconditionally....it's my dad making me shut up and listen to reason...it's my determination to be there for my daughter so she knows she will always be loved...it's my totally awesome job...it's all those things...not the overpaid therapist! Anyway, maybe I did learn something from her, maybe I didn't....I guess it doesn't matter how I got better...I just did.

Of course, I'm always going to have to deal with depression. I've chosen to do it WITHOUT the use of drugs. I'm learning to deal with it on my own and I still and will always believe that laughter is the best medicine for anything and everything. Have you ever just laughed so hard until you could barely hold yourself up? It feels great doesn't it? Or if you're having a really bad day and you see someone you don't like trip and fall on their ass...doesn't it just make you feel so much better? I love to laugh....that's what makes me feel better...it works...so I want to keep laughing.....I'll be posting some more funnies today, so be prepared!

2 opinions rendered:

Head Cookie said...

Okay first things first. Yeah it is Monday and now Congrats Yahoo you are done with the therapy I bet you feel a total weight lifted good for you. I am so glad that you are now done and you are happy about that as well. You are right it doesn't matter how you got better just that you did. Just keep up with the positive thinking and letting all of us on Helium keep you laughing. Yes I have laughed so hard I thought I was going to pee my pants before those are the kind of laughs that make your belly hurt those are the best cause they are just so much fun. Well take care and good job.

Unknown said...

Great News Sophia!!

You keep me laughing!! Thanks!