Friday, July 20, 2007

Some Background Info Leading Up To My Adventure Yesterday...

OK, I usually don't let too much personal information about myself out, but if you're reading this, you're going to find out a lot about me. First off, most of you know that I have two children, my daughter is 4 and my son is 10 months. They have different fathers...I'm still with my son's father...anyway my ex husband is a complete psycho...and his family is even more psycho. He was able to win custody of my daughter in February 2006 (thanks to his daddy's money - but that's another long story). Anyway, I had standard visitation - every other weekend. That went on for a while and then he found out I was pregnant with my son he went completely insane. He started stalking me and harassing my family and coworkers and even got me fired because he kept calling up to my job. He accused my current boyfriend of hurting my daughter -- which ABSOLUTELY DID NOT HAPPEN -- and please believe me, I'm not one of those girls who defend a child abuser -- Trust me, if there was even a possibility that he hurt my daughter he'd be tortured and killed -- mark my words on that. There's absolutely positively no chance that he hurt her...anyway I'm getting off track. He made our lives hell plain and simple. So I moved a couple hours away from him to get away from the stalking -- but did that change anything? HELL NO..things just got worse. I also forgot to mention that he's a dispatcher for the sheriff's department and his daddy and half of his psychotic family work for that sheriff's department. Well towards the end of my pregnancy, I started having some complications (probably from all the stress) and I spent a while in the hospital and on bed rest. I was under doctor's orders to alleviate ALL stress. During this time, my ex (who knew my situation) decides to go to court and say that not only my boyfriend, but I was also abusing my daughter! So he manages to get a protective order that makes me have supervised visits!!!! I have no idea that this was happening because I was in the hospital. They said that I was unreachable which is pure bullshit because I had talked to my daughter on the phone and I had told her I was in the hospital.

So after my son was born, we were completely broke. I was overwhelmed with attorney fees and court costs - and I had lost my job, my car was about to get repossessed, we were about to get evicted...it was a TOTAL mess. So we packed our stuff and moved to my dad's so that we could get back on our feet. It was only supposed to be for a couple weeks, but it's been nearly 10 months and we're still here! (Also another story)

So like I said, we were broke. And by broke, I mean getting food stamps, recycling cans for gas money, B-R-O-K-E! And, because the jackass had gotten that stupid protective order, I had to drive an hour and half away to see my daughter supervised for four hours and pay $50 an hour for that. And that's on top of the $500 a month in child support I was having to pay! I talked to a few lawyers and with my case being such a mess they were asking for HUGE retainer. So, my boyfriend got a job. I couldn't work yet because my son was only a couple weeks old and I was still recovering. (And I'm sure you're wondering why I didn't ask my family for money -- the only family members I get along with are my dad - who lives off of social security disability - and my grandmother who wasn't in any position to help at the time)

Anyway, I managed to find a part-time job a couple months later (December 2006) and finally had enough money to go to that supervised place to see my daughter. By this time it had been 5 months since I'd seen her. By the time all the paperwork as done and I was finally able to go see her, it was March...8 months since the last time I had seen or spoken with her!

Finally, I saw her...It took EVERYTHING in me not to cry. I didn't want her to see my crying. My beautiful little girl.....who looked like a fucking RAG DOLL! It was 9 in the morning. Her hair had not been combed, she was wearing a dirty shirt and her pants were about 3 sizes too big. She wouldn't come near me! She was completely terrified. Now, my daughter and I have always been VERY close. I am a good mother and EVERYONE who knows me would tell you the same (well everyone except for the psycho family I married in to). I couldn't believe she was scared of me...but it had been a long time since we had seen each other and God only knows what that family has been telling her. So, the supervisor took us in to a private room and in a few minutes she came around. It wasn't long before we were playing games and laughing. Then out of nowhere she hugs me and says "I'm going to tell Daddy that you're not mean." I looked at the supervisor and then back and my daughter and asked her why she thought I was going to be mean. Her response: "Daddy said you were going to be mean" Can you believe that shit???? Well we ended up having an awesome day together. She asked about her baby brother who she had not met yet. I said that I could bring him next time if she wanted and she said yes.

I went back two weeks later and she walked right in and gave me a hug and a kiss. She loved meeting her little brother and we had a great time again.

By this time, I was finally starting to get back on my feet. My boyfriend and I were both working full time and my dad would watch the baby during the day. Things were finally looking up, so I started my new attorney hunt. I found an awesome attorney and we were going to go back to court and get the protective order thrown out and I would get my regular visitation back. Finally, the sun was coming up after a year of hell ----- but don't smile yet...psycho had other plans.

He's getting remarried and decides that it's too much of a complication to have me in their lives. Him and my daughter and the slut he's marrying (who was one of the many he was cheating on me with while we were married) and her daughter are going to have their nice little perfect family...I'm just in the way of that. A couple days after I retained my new attorney, I got a call from the visitation place saying that he had cancelled all the visitations and the only way that I could see my daughter was to take it to court. Great...I got to see her twice and now he's taking that away from me too! So, my attorney quickly filed a motion to enforce......THE DAY AFTER HE'S SERVED, He files ANOTHER protective order now saying that I told my daughter (during the SUPERVISED visit) that I was going to kidnap and kill her!!!!!! Oh and I'm also supposedly sitting outside her daycare all day...1) I don't even know where her daycare is and 2) I work all day Monday - Friday an hour and a half away from where he lives...how in the hell does that work??????

So yesterday we went to court about that....and I'll be back soon to fill you in on that saga...Stay tuned for more Days of Our Lives!!!!!!!!

4 opinions rendered:

Unknown said...

Sends Sophia Optometrist bill as I am now blind and can only see green!

~please enlarge font~

Sophia said...

Pays optometrist bill and hands Ambre a pair of really cool glasses....is this better? :)

Unknown said...

Wheew! What a nut that family is!!

onto part two

Head Cookie said...

Wow I wish you the best chickie sounds like a complete mess there.