Monday, August 6, 2007

Manic Monday

LIE





When I think about the word "lie" I'm reminded of the conversations my boyfriend and I used to have regarding being lied to. I've always had this very strict rule; do not lie to me. I don't care how bad it is, the truth is always better than lying about something. The truth ALWAYS has a way of coming out.




I don't tolerate even the smallest little lie. It makes me wonder about what else he's lying about...it's soooooooooooooooo neverending. I mean, if he'll lie to me about taking otu the trash, what's to stop him from lying to me about where he was last night? Honesty is tied in with trust. Once you break that trust, it's very difficult - or sometimes impossible - to get that trust back.







Why does it take some guys a tragic break-up to figure out that it's so much better to JUST TELL THE TRUTH?




Why do guys insist on trying to figure out ways to lie and not get caught????????????








10 opinions rendered:

Sandee said...

Wish I could answer this one for you. Gals do it too... It's a shame either way. Have a great MM. :)

Sophia said...

You are right...I just like to pick on the guys!

Head Cookie said...

Well if they could tell the truth in the first place they wouldn't have to keep coming up with more stories they do this out of fear and embarrassment what they don't understand is once we catch them the hell they have to pay is far embarrassing than if they had just told us the truth in the first place.

Durward Discussion said...

Most lies are simply the result of cowardice. The liar simply doesn't want to deal with the consequences of the truth even when the truth might be relatively harmless.

At heart most men are little boys and they don't want mommy to scold them for being naughty.

Linda said...

After almost 50 years, I have no answer for you on this one at all except to say that maybe it's in their wiring?

Anonymous said...

wow, we used the same visual!! I don't have an answer for you either :) Happy MM.

Unknown said...

I love it Sophia!! Welcome to MM!!

Um, did you visit my MM post? I'll soon check you know!

~don't lie~

Unknown said...

(walks in, looks 'around, leaves note on table)

Dear Sophia,

Please be advised that you have truly saddened me by your failure to visit my, AHEM, Mute Monday post...

I shall have to remand you to the 'funny farm' until further notice! It is also quite possible that I shall leave you there permanently!

Signed, AHEM, (not telling)
sticks tongue out and 'POOF' gone!

~btw, GIGGLES~

still MAD though!

Sophia said...

I'm sorry my dear!!! I left you so many comments on your other other blog, I was afraid you would be thinking I was stalking you or something!

Unknown said...

Remember next week Sophia, the More 'Manic Monday' bloggers that you visit, the more you'll have bounce back at ya!

It really is a fun way to meet interesting people from Mars and Venus!

~giggles~