Friday, November 16, 2007

Friday 55

I can't waste time, so give it a moment
I realize nothing's broken
No need to worry 'bout everything I done
Live every second like it was my last one
Don't look back, got a new direction
I loved you once
Needed protection
You're still a part of everything I do
You're on my heart just like a tattoo



Ok, this is probably cheating, but my creative juices just aren't flowing today. This is the chorus of a song that I really like. It's actually 59 words, but hey, close enough, right? I chose it (1) because I heard it on my way to work this morning and it's stuck in my head, (2) because I have my own intrepatation of it and it's kind of fitting with some stuff that I've figured out about myself this year. The song is, I'm assuming, actually about a boyfriend or something that she's moved on from; but to me, it's more of a conversation between me and my former self. I've changed tremendously over the past year and overcome some really huge obstacles and when I hear this song, I picture myself talking to my "old" self. "She'll" always be a part of me, but it's time to move on and be a better person than I was. Sorry if that doesn't make sense...and sorry for breaking the rules!



Click the picture below to learn more about Friday Flash Fiction 55 or whatever it's called!

8 opinions rendered:

Queenie said...

Your forgiven, only because its soooooooooooo good. I think we all have to move on at sometime in our lives, maybe its the human form of metamorphosis!!!!

Akelamalu said...

I wouldn't have known you cheated 'cos I don't know the song and I didn't count the words!

I posted my first 55 fiction today.

Mona said...

That is a wonderful song sophia! I loved it! Thanks for posting this!

Kimberly said...

*echoes what akelamalu said* I don't know the song and I didn't count the words, either. And right now your words are so fitting. *sigh* I gave my ex-boyfriend "can-we-still-be-friends" two weeks to decide if we will get back together or never speak again. The deadline is Tuesday coming up.

smarmoofus said...

Hrm. I am "kimberly" *points up* Dunno why it posted from the wrong username.

Magdalen Islands said...

It's a flash 59!

S said...

We'll forgive you this time!
Thanks for playing 55 with us.

Mike Minzes said...

Alls forgiven. Great 59! :)