Monday, October 1, 2007

Blah blah blah...


Okay so I'm in the mood to rant and rave and babble so please bare with me. I'm sick with an upper respirtory infection and I don't care what anyone says, I think it's going to kill me!!! I'm just plain miserable -- and to make matters worse, NOBODY seems to care. My son doesn't care, but he's 1 so I don't really mind that he doesn't care. I'm just trying not to give it to him. From the sound of his cough and the gunk oozing out of his nose this morning, I don't think I did a very good job. He doesn't seem to care though...as long as he has his sippy cup and animal crackers, he's a happy camper.


My dad doesn't seem to care either -- but then again, he did just have major surgery so again, I can't blame him too much for that. I'm also desperately trying to keep him from getting sick. That's the LAST thing he needs.


Then there's my dearly devoted significant other...domestic partner...baby daddy? Hell I don't know what to call him anymore. We're not married...even though the state of Texas thinks differently...we're NOT married....whoa sorry, drifting off subject here. Okay yeah I know he's been working a LOT of hours lately -- 88 hours last week alone -- but wouldn't you think he'd have a little compassion for me??? NONE whatsoever. Saturday, he dragged (or is it drug?) me all around town because he needed new work boots (that were nearly $200!!! But when I want a $200 pair of shoes, what does he say then????) Anyway, so we went all over town looking for these stupid boots while I'm sick and Derek was fussy because it was hot....then we get home and does he even offer to help with anything????? All I wanted to do was lay in bed and get some MUCH NEEDED rest...is that too much to ask? Well apparantly it was....we get home and my dad needs this and that and Derek has a dirty diaper, there's dishes piled up, piles of laundry everywhere, someone spilled milk all over the kitchen floor...and where is my darling honey???? ON THE #$#%%@# COMPUTER CHECKING THE @%%^^@@$#% COLLEGE FOOTBALL SCORES!! Talk about being completely pi$$ed off.....


Anyway, so after huffing and puffing and sighing really loud, he finally got the hint and started helping out....then doesn't understand why I'm still upset after we got it all done. I swear men are such idiots!!! Then I get to hear about how hard his job is yadda yadda yadda...well I work 40 hours a week (yes I know it's not 88 but boo freakin hoo) after work, I get pick Derek up and go home and work for a few more hours....does he not think that taking care of a toddler is work? Plus, I have my dad recovering from surgery to take care of and I'm sick! When he's sick, the world is supposed to stop turning, but when I'm sick it's "no big deal"


AHHHHHH ! Ok...sorry but just had to vent a little bit.


So, how is everyone else doing???

3 opinions rendered:

maryt/theteach said...

OMG! I'm typing this, Sophia, about 4 feet from my computer screen so I don't catch your "upper respiratory infection" otherwise known as a cold! LOL!

Get better soon. I arrived at your blog from someone's Manic Monday post so I'm going to comment at your post as well...
My MM post: http:maryt.wordpress.com Use this address to get to the post.

Unknown said...

I'm just getting over being sick also Sophia and while I can emphasize with your current situation, I don't have to face that particular scenario any longer. Living alone frees me from all those obligations, but I still have to care for myself and make my own soup when sick.

I hope that the young one recovers quickly as well as yourself. Make sure dad rests!!

HUGS

Head Cookie said...

Hey there Sophia, Men never have compassion for us when there sick. They are giant babies. Your dad has a reason he had major surgery but the significant other well thats a different story lol. I hope you are feeling better soon. I just got over an upper respiratory infection. I know how you feel. Just go lay down and maybe that will be a big hint for him. Take care chickie.